The Important Things
As educational consultants we are always evaluating ourselves and reflecting on what is important and how we can do better as people. We want to encourage you to reflect on some of the following:
What is most important to you?
- Physical and Mental Health
- Free time
- Spiritual life
Think of three things that were missed. Let us know!
What words come to mind as important values and ideas to you?
What words did we miss that pertain to you or your family?
What are your values and philosophy?
- For your family
- For the education of your family
- In choosing your friends and your community
One of the many things we think about that affects our lives here in Atlanta is the question of “Where do you want to live?”
- Near home?
- Near work?
- Near school?
- Near a major street?
- Near family?
- Do you mind having to drive to places and accept how traffic is part of your life?
The point we are trying to make is this: establish your goals and philosophies as parents. What is important to you? How are you raising your children? What concerns do you have for yourself and for your family? These can be both big and small questions as you think about the life and world you are creating around your child and family.
Here are some of the questions and topics of concern as educational consultants and parents:
- How do we deal with the topic of entitlement in ourselves and in the way we raise our children?
- How do we balance social media encroaching heavily on our lives?
- How do we model technology usage for our children as so many are addicted to technology?
- Are we taking care of our physical and mental health AND everyone in the family?
- Are we relying on the school to do what it is not meant to do or equipped to do?
- Are our children in the right school?
- Are we spiritually engaged and growing?
- Are we over programmed and not giving ourselves (and our children) free time to think and play?
- Are we caring about others and their feelings?
Make your own lists and send them to us. We want to know what you think and feel.
In order to help you and your family understand the school process, we, as educational consultants, care about your thoughts, feelings and your goals. We want to know about each child and their interests and thoughts. From birth to high school, your children change each day and grow mentally and spiritually. We would love to help you find the school, or schools, for your family. Please reach out to us. We care about those we help.
Each spring, we highlight one of our consultants.
Betsy Metcalf is an incredible resource on our team. This is her 5th year with our team and she brings a wealth of knowledge, experience and a love for education that can not be surpassed. She specializes in placement for middle school and high school applicants. She also is our boarding school specialist and works single-handedly helping to place our boarding school applicants in the best schools around the country. She and her husband, David, have two fantastic daughters in elementary school. She is athletic and knows more about sports than the rest of the ECA team. You may find her running, working out, volunteering at the girls’ school, going to church activities or just reading. She has many talents but always puts her family first. She has this infectious personality and is a true problem solver. A great educational consultant!
Let us know how we can help you with the little educational issues or the big ones. We are all problem solvers and specialize in helping families figure out solutions to their educational questions. We will start taking new clients for 2023-2024 in late April.
Thank you for reading and please send this to your friends and family who may be interested.
Barbara, Betsy, Fontaine and Margo