Your Busy Time is Here Again!
School, Activities, Traffic and Friends!!
We are so excited to welcome all new families, old families, friends and educators to our newsletter. We focus on what is new around town, pertinent new information in the education world and issues that may arise for you.
Mark your calendars for our two fabulous panels:
“Life After Preschool”
Location: The Preschool at Peachtree Road United Methodist
Tuesday, October 4th, 9:15am
With Special Guest: Dr Carol Drummond: JATP Psychologist
Hosted by: Peachtree Road and Andrea Petsche
Open to all who are interested in school beyond preschool
Some of the questions we’ll be addressing include:
Do I want public or private school?
What do I look for in researching a school?
What does the school selection process look like?
What if my child has a summer birthday?
What if my child is brilliant but does not play well with others?
What if we are thinking of moving? Is geography important?
What is the difference between social emotional growth and learning?
Bring your questions and come join us!!!
“Navigating The Admission Process Panel”
Tuesday, October 18th at 9:30am
Hosted with: Pace Academy, Jen McGurn, and the admission team
This event is virtual and registration information will be sent in the upcoming weeks.
Admission Directors from our local independent schools will talk about the process followed by an opportunity for questions.
Keeping Your Own Counsel
Mark your calendars and share with friends! These events are informative, free and open to the whole community.
Educational Insights from Education Connection Advisors:
In a recent article written by psychologist and author Michele Borba there was a pertinent article on certain skills that successful kids acquire during childhood. We have also added a few extra characteristics to the list. If your child is struggling in one or more of these areas, which are you concerned about? Make a list for each of your children, think of their individual qualities and if need be, discuss with a consultant, a psychologist or your pediatrician. We are available to help.
+Grit & Resilience
FACTS About our team at Education Connection Advisors:
- We are team oriented and have over 60 years of combined educational experience.
- We are teachers, counselors, admission directors, administrators, athletic coaches, mothers, grandmothers and women who care.
- We have helped countless families with their educational concerns regarding school placement and planning.
- We believe in finding the best place for your child whether it is public, private, boarding or a specialty school.
- We help families across the country and the world find the right day school in Atlanta or boarding school.
- We believe in understanding how each child learns and thinks, and help each child reach his/her potential.
- We take the time to learn about your family and use our resources to help your child grow and succeed using specialists around our city.
- We are confidential, trusted and respected.
- We care about each family and our goal is to create a working partnership with you.
Activities in Atlanta for Families:
Fernbank Museum: Great IMAX events; check out the Dinosaur Exhibit and the Wild Woods and Fernbank Forest.
High Museum of Art: The Greene Family Learning Center offers interactive fun for your children.
Atlanta Botanical Gardens: Scarecrows in the Garden are coming. You can even design one as a family. Also see their current special exhibit, Origami In the Garden.
Tiny Doors ATL : See tiny doors across Atlanta. Get a map online and go searching!
Our parks: Atlanta is now investing more money into our park systems. Get your picnic together and head to a park near you or look online and find a park you have never seen before. Park Pride has a map of parks around the city. Visit different playgrounds and let us know your favorite.
Go for a walk or a bicycle ride on the BeltLine.
If you have a special event in our city to share with us, a thought, a book or an article, please email us at email@example.com. We want to hear from you! Our families are a great resource.
SEE YOU SOON at our educational panels. We would love to help you with your children, your educational planning and your educational concerns. We want to relieve your stress and help you plan your child’s next step from birth to high school.
We are here to help you.
Barbara, Betsy, Fontaine and Margo